[sudo-discuss] Stop with the race baiting immediately

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Wed Nov 27 12:12:32 PST 2013

I totally agree with batkid. As a black person who has contributed directly
to the gentrification of west oakland I'd like to say that gentrification
is an issue that can not be reduced to race, social status, industry, etc.
I would encourage people to think critically about how their actions affect
the communities they live in, but not to get caught up in liberal guilt
land unless you plan on taking some kind of direct action.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Craig Rouskey <craigrouskey at gmail.com>wrote:

> Huh? I thought the new location was unoccupied?
>> Craig J. Rouskey
> contact at craigrouskey.com
> http://www.craigrouskey.com
>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM, The Batkid <batkid at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't understand the strange self flagellating threads about
>> gentrifying people out of Oakland while searching for a space.
>> It's not productive and I truly do not understand what the end goal is
>> here.  We're not going to solve racism in the bay area
>> with the mailing list.
>>
>> It's ok to displace the Chinese, but not blacks?  WTF?
>>

>> Incentives applicable at this location:
>>
>>    - The City of Oakland is offering business license and sales tax
>>    abatement as incentives
>>    - The State of California's manufacturing equipment sale and use tax
>>    exemptions
>>    - The State of California's California Competes income tax credit
>>    - The State of California's New Employment Credit
>>    - No African Americans would be displaced, only Chinese

-------
Andrew Lowe
Cell: 831-332-2507
http://roshambomedia.com