[sudo-discuss] my experiences with "crime" in oakland [part 1 of ?]

Sonja Trauss sonja.trauss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 15:56:34 PST 2013

You don't need to be a scientist to know about your own experience - that
is what I am asking about.
Stats are useful, but no one should rely on them exclusively, and for a lot
of things they are actively misleading. What's the point of knowing
different kinds of people if you can't get anecdotal data and social
theories from them?

I told you guys my experience - it's counter to the received wisdom on the
relative safety of white men and women in high crime neighborhoods. That's
why I think it's interesting.

Now other people, go.