[sudo-discuss] Dealing with funding

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 16:30:32 PST 2013

I agree with batkid - and marc, in spirit - but I think it IS okay to
accept recurring monies, *we* just have to be prepared to not compromise on
any principles - if this hypothetical/non-hypothetical
grant/donation-giving entity or entities defund us, that's their
prerogative. If they try to influence us, then it's up to refuse their
money at that time, or tell them to f off.

In other words, it's on *us* to keep a grip on our principles, and not
*let*outside forces unduly influence us...we do this through
statements of
principle, bylaws, consensus-based decision-making, etc.

Money is fucking scary. I really feel that way. But let's see if we are
strong enough to control it, rather than the other way around, provided we
one day have enough cash to worry about its sauron-like influences

David