[sudo-discuss] This Monday 18th is Techno Activism Third Monday, San Francisco -- with Morgan Mayhem, Laurie Penny, Jillian York, 6PM, EFF HQ

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sun Nov 17 14:03:45 PST 2013

> TECHNO-ACTIVISM 3RD MONDAYS SAN FRANCISCO, THIS MONDAY AT EFF AT 6PM
>>                 SELF-CARE FOR ONLINE ACTIVISTS

https://www.eff.org/event/ta3m-nov2013

Being behind a computer screen might save you from the physical
consequences of being an activist -- but what about the mental effects?

For San Francisco's TA3M this month, we'll be discussingresources and
practical advice for psychological and other health care. From filtering
out the trolls and avoiding timezone jetlag, to dealing with PTSD among
friends and ongoing global effects of the Syrian civil war.

Joining us for the discussion will be security researcher Morgan Mayhem
(@headhntr on Twitter), Laurie Penny (@pennyred) from the New Stateman
and UK Guardian and co-author of Discordia: Six Nights in Crisis Athens,
and EFF's own Director for International Freedom of Expression, Jillian
York (@jilliancyork).

Plus: a round-up of new and ongoing projects, info on the Jeremy Hammond
decision, and a chance to network with your fellow cryptographers,
lawyers, coders, and other involved parties.

EFF's offices are at 815 Eddy St, SF, CA 94109. Please be punctual for
6PM -- if you arrive late, call x 118 from the door to be let in.

A map of 815 Eddy: http://www.openstreetmap.org/go/TZHvUrLDP

Techno-Activism 3rd Monday is a monthly meetup that happens
simultaneously in 18 cities throughout the world. It brings together
individuals interested in censorship, surveillance and open technology.

This includes Amsterdam, Brighton(UK), Cambridge, Dakar, Durham, Kansas
City, London, Madison, Mexico, Montreal, New York, Portland, San
Francisco, Stockholm, Seattle, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington DC.

For more info, see: https://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays