[sudo-discuss] [sudo-announce] forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings

Eddan Katz eddan at sudoroom.tv
Wed Nov 13 14:38:51 PST 2013

Thanks, Art.
Yes, you are right. I appreciate your point.

I meant to say a politically structured neutrality and was not talking about the politics within the District of Columbia and voting rights for them.

I would add that the oppression ends up justified by the political rulers as having some abstract neutrality. And since they're only there during the day, they are less concerned by the disenfranchised people within the District in reality. It is entirely a power battle game. And I was trying to suggest that we shouldn't invite and promote this kind of power politics. That transparency, fairness, and good faith will level the playing field, was our collective hypothesis at the beginning and we thought that such shared values and social norms would discourage people seeking positions of decision-making from manipulating their position for self-gain.

I completely agree with you that what makes DC a problematic example in reality in regards to the actual citizens in the square miles - is the hypocrisy. Politicians claiming they are doing things for their constituency, when behind closed doors they're making deals and setting plans with disinterest in the good of the whole. This bad faith self-righteousness makes the oppression you rightly raised all the more offensive to me.

I hope this clears up your concern about the irresponsibility of making that historical reference. If not, I'd be interested in learning why.

sent from eddan.com