[sudo-discuss] {consensus?} IRC ownership

Eddan Katz eddan at sudoroom.tv
Thu Nov 7 13:15:03 PST 2013

I have no interest in blocking any proposal.
It does of course raise issues of voting and participation if consensus unanimity is the 8 people at Sudo Room last night who could stay late for a 2-hour meeting. But I'm sure we'll get to that with the revisiting membership discussions that was brought up in another thread.

I was asking about what that was about because it was unclear from the minutes. Apparently, there's some back story that's all totally innocent and for the good of sudo room. i'm sure there is - but how can I know that? i think it's dangerous precedent to set that the modus operandi of Sudo Room meeting minutes is to include as little as possible to the public mailing list for reasons of liability concerns of the nominated Board members. I actually did go to the meeting physically and was one of about 15-20 of us that came in and out throughout the night. I had no idea that I did not stick around long enough (because it was past when I promised to be home) to participate in a consensus vote on a newly introduced agenda item regarding sole foundership of one of our main communication platforms.

There is nothing about Marc in particular other than the appearance of conflict of interest, which is what Marc should ultimately be worrying about. I'm not trying to pick on him, it just seems that Marc finds himself in those situations when we're figuring out the kinks involving our checks and balances.

How and when did our practices become so secretive and exclusive in our communications? Was it when the Board discussion finally came up? If so, I think it should be a problem addressed by the community rather than swept under the rug until everything gets finalized in Sacramento.