[sudo-discuss] math and machine learning classes

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 09:30:23 PST 2013

Mike,

I would be a potential student and teacher for your ideas. I wonder if you
could tell of any success you've had in the past with teaching Math in the
Hackespace? I've been a part on and off of Math Education at Sudo Room and
have a Bachelor's in Math. From my perspective, Mathematics, is really
difficult to teach and learn outside of the School or University, because
it's so prerequisite based. Each new theorem builds on the last. I feel
like I personally have hit a wall with how we can teach math at a
Hackerspace that isn't one-on-one student/master. I'd love to see new
approaches and break the traditional academic mindset of how this is
learned, and am all ears.

Max