[sudo-discuss] math and machine learning classes

Mike Schachter mschachter at eigenminds.com
Fri Nov 1 10:48:29 PDT 2013

Hi sudoroom! A little while back I mentioned an interest in starting
classes that work towards data literacy, and wanted to give an update with
some ideas and plans, with the hope that people who are interested in
helping out or already doing similar things would come out of the woodwork.

First - I've heard about the morning math meetups through the list and
think it sounds great. My partner and I want to teach a hands-on curriculum
for "Math Literacy" to interested people of all educational backgrounds. It
would include everything from arithmetic to algebra to geometry,
trigonometry, and calculus. I'm hoping to even have a basic introduction to
plotting functions and working with arrays using web-based python terminals.

I want to find interested students and teachers, so if any of this appeals
to you, please let me know! I'm going to make a trip out to sudoroom
probably in two weeks, perhaps we could meet up and talk about it. I'll be
at Noisebridge this Tuesday as well.

Second - I'm going to restart machine learning classes at Noisebridge, and
am also looking for interested students and teachers. The ML wiki page,
along with a link to join the mailing list, is here:

https://www.noisebridge.net/Machine_Learning

See you soon,

  mike