[sudo-discuss] Japanese versus American Hero archetypes

Louis Huang louis.huang at aegia.nu
Mon May 27 18:17:00 PDT 2013

I want to say luck does come in part with being a superhero, both Japanese or American.

If you look at Goku or my childhood favorite, the Monkey King, they were already deities who learn to harness their power rather than purely hardworking..

I see the character growth more apart of the "path/journey" in life motif found less in US comics.

I do agree with some of the points though, like the power-up found less in American super heroes.

Sent from my iPhone

Louis T. Huang
http://aegia.nu/
+202.445.7258