[sudo-discuss] Drawing Dynamic Visualizations - A revolution in programming and math

Tom Fitzpatrick fitzsnaggle at gmail.com
Tue May 21 13:33:33 PDT 2013

Bret Victor, an Oakland resident, keeps blowing my mind. His latest
video is about programming by drawing geometries. Most Mathematicians
work in pictures or with their kinesthetic sense, however, programming
is algebriac in nature - it is blind symbol manipulation. He argues we
have thus far merely emulated old drawing mediums with computer's
without utilizing their potential for simulation.

http://worrydream.com/#!/DrawingDynamicVisualizationsTalk

The site is loaded with gems. Inventing on principle changed my life.

His reading list is the finest I've seen. I've read to varying levels
of completion about 20 so far and haven't been disappointed yet. It
comprises a complete curriculum in winning.

http://worrydream.com/#!/Links