[sudo-discuss] Dystopia News: No-Sex Apartments.

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Tue May 21 08:25:03 PDT 2013

The dumb thing about saying "the dumb thing about this thread," is that
in the time it takes to complain about someone else's use of recycled
electrons, one could have ignored the thread entirely, or done some
other productive task, rather than telling the author of the thread what
task they should have been doing instead.

If I'm not interested in a topic, I just don't read that topic, or
thread, or whatever.

And one of the key reasons that rents are so high, is that a state
legislator from somewhere in 925 managed to pass, about 15 years ago, a
state bill that effectively wiped out rent control.  Getting him voted
out of office would be good retaliation (better late than never) if he's
still around, but introducing a ballot measure to re-establish rent
control would be even better.  That will also take some of the
speculative pressure off the finite supply of land.  Ultimately what's
going to be needed is some kind of comprehensive land reform,
prohibiting speculation and the mechanisms that feed it.  Another topic
for another day.

-G.

=====