[sudo-discuss] DystopiaNews: Veggie-meat: you don't have to eat bugs.

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Thu May 16 12:46:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Raymond Lai <raymond.wm.lai at gmail.com>wrote:

> Why not eat bugs?
>
> In Calvin Schwabe's (the father of veterinary epidemiology) book
> "Unmentionable Cuisine" he suggests in light of the world's food shortages,
> how silly it is to hold cultural and regional taboos surrounding food
> sources.

Except there isn't a food shortage. There is a food embargo. We have so
much food that we throw away huge amounts of good stuff cause we can't eat
it quick enough. Then we make sure that only the rich have access to more.
Eating bugs might be a fun novelty, but the solution to the food problem is
to stand up against the systematic starvation of poor cities and countries
around the world. Next time you see a $30 a plate restaurant in the mission
or down town Oakland ask your self who's getting feed and who is left to
eat bugs.

--
-------
Andrew Lowe