[sudo-discuss] DystopiaNews: Veggie-meat: you don't have to eat bugs.

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Thu May 16 09:44:55 PDT 2013

Why not eat pork?

If you're Jewish or Muslim, "how silly it is to hold cultural and
regional taboos surrounding food sources," right?

So let's use economic coercion to force Jews & Muslims to eat pork, Jews
to eat shellfish, Hindus to eat beef, British to drink ice-cold beer,
French to eat Big Macs, Africans to eat fish, and Americans to eat fried
caterpillars not to mention their dogs and cats they can't afford to
keep any longer.  Override all those local cultures for the sake of
global capitalism and call it "adventurous" or "an exotic eating
experience."

Some clever capitalists in China have even figured out how to market rat
as lamb, per another story on the Beeb this week.  What's wrong with
eating rat, if it makes money for someone who lives like a king?

For that matter, why not eat humans?  Sheesh!, look at all the corpses
going to waste!  Turn them into Soylent Green!  Cannibalism?  Just
another "cultural and regional taboo," that's all.

Right.  Meanwhile the Oligarchy is licking their chops and sitting down
to steak dinners, and laughing all the way to the bank.  Because as far
as the Oligarchy are concerned, what you want, and what you like, don't
matter.  The only thing that matters to the Oligarchy is what they want,
and what they like, and your assigned role is to bend over and get
"porked," one way, or the other.

-G.

=====