[sudo-discuss] Activism in Oakland

Patrick Schmidt psbschmidt at googlemail.com
Thu May 16 05:16:44 PDT 2013

dear friends,
tonight we had many fruitful dicsussions at sudo.
it led to the connection of some obvious dots:
the prohibition of practices that threaten biodiversity and our well
being on this planet and
the legalization of a new economy for a sustainable society in balance
with the planet.

the society we are seeing out there is the dying caterpiller, lets not
be afraid,
after the transition we will all be happier, live a more sustainable
lifestyle in community instead of in solitude, instead of toxic foods
and scarcity we will have non toxic foods in abundance. We will become
a butterfly. We will wake up to see that all this we went through was
a horrible dream. We will live on a compassionate planet. we will
dicsover who we really are. we are not slaves or slave masters. we are
not robots, we are not animals. we are cosmic spirits, travelling
through space and time since millenia of years. we are the planet. we
are sick, but we are healing. we can find peace of mind, and we can
create peace on earth.

world peace is near if we open up to it. it starts within every one of us.
it starts in the supermarket, it starts on our plates. it starts by
smiling to a stranger on the street and saying hi instead of just
playing the same old game of separation.

we vote with our dollar every day. we are the consumers that the
corporations ship materials to from all over the world.

Here were some ideas as action items:
- promote May 25th as Global and Local World Peace March (Stop
Monsanto and legalize Hemp) (in the evening we will screen the film
who bombed judy barry, goes along well)
- connect the city hackers (us) with the countryside food hackers
(organic farmers) (as an alternative to corporate food)
- establiosh symbiosis to food hackers, invite them to talk, get food
donated, maybe have small farmers market, maybe they need our skills.
-organize community potlucks on a regular basis, find allies, loal
organizations, gather the tribes, grow a movement of sharing hacker
grown, non corporate and non toxic food.

I conneted two pitures to one collage. Please share if it resonates with you.
I posted it on a couple of FB pages and then got notified that I cant
post it anymore on pages.

Please share your Ideas, thoughts, feedback.
Any Ideas which organizations to contact?
Any Ideas on how to pull this off?

Praying for peace, love and abundance to come,
as this is exactly what mother earth provides us with.
lets stop artificial scarcity. Lets stop the killing and distruction.
Lets have a peaceful revolution, share food, music, art, culture, creativity,
come together and heal as a society , on a personal level, and as the planet.