[sudo-discuss] Hack Tha Police

Sonja Trauss sonja.trauss at gmail.com
Mon May 13 12:31:00 PDT 2013

+++++++ one million. Aside from the social aspect of having police live in
your city is an economic one: Oakland is poor, it's cant afford to be
sending money to other cities in the form of high salaries. The $200,000
cops make should be taxed here and spent here.
I'm from Philadelphia where no city employees are allowed to live outside
the city. It used to be the case in CA that cities could make rules like
that, but now there is a state law prohibiting cities from doing that !!
State law or no, the city could maybe decide to prioritize hiring and
promoting candidates that live in Oakland. Idk if that is illegal.