[sudo-discuss] Oakland Nights Live - Clean Up?

Tony Barreca tony.barreca at gmail.com
Sun May 12 19:03:31 PDT 2013

Thanks, Jenny, for having the courage to say what you said and do what you
did.

"Natural decay" certainly doesn't include other peoples' messes.  It
sometimes seems to me that Sudoers can get tripped up by nuance, given
peoples' values of tolerance and open-mindedness.  Paying more attention to
how we talk about things is warranted.

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rusty, thanks for the notification, and Romy and Jordan for cleaning up
> somebody else's mess :/
>
> I just forwarded this message along to Jeremy, one of the organizers of
> Oakland Nights Live, and told him that we can no longer afford the energy
> and landlord-relationship resources to host their event each month.
>

> Jenny
> http://jennyryan.net
> http://thepyre.org
> http://thevirtualcampfire.org
> http://technomadic.tumblr.com
>
> `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
>  "Technology is the campfire around which we tell our stories."
> -Laurie Anderson
>
> "Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it."
>  -Hannah Arendt
>
> "To define is to kill. To suggest is to create."
> -Stéphane Mallarmé
> ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
>

> On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM, rusty lindgren <rustylindgren at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey Everyone,
>>
>> Andrew and I saw late last night that the space was really messy and
>> there were piles of stuff everywhere.  I was wayyy to tired to do anything
>> about it, but it was really bad, especially with all the left out bottles,
>> food on the floor, and etc.  Romy and Jordan already started cleaning up
>> earlier today, but they shouldn't be doing that.  It also wreaked of
>> cigarette smoke in the front hallway to the building.
>>
>> Can someone forward this email, so that the host of this event knows that
>> this is an ongoing issue, and that we have gotten several complaints from
>> the landlord, George?
>>
>> -Rusty

Tony Barreca
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tonybarreca