[sudo-discuss] [Update] Alternative Locations for Sudo Room

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Mon May 6 20:06:31 PDT 2013

1)  Four cheers for accessibility: four methods of adding to the data
pool (tweet, email, web, mobile).  That's excellent because it lets
people contribute via whatever means they already use rather than being
excluded by a platform/app barrier.

2)  If you find the page doesn't open or the title bar blinks, check
your security settings:

a)  With security turned up to 11:

In Firefox 19.0.2 for MacOS, it doesn't open at all (blank page), and in
Safari 5.1.8 for MacOS it attempts to get it as https and then the
address just blinks weirdly without opening.

In Firefox 3.0.15 for EEBUNTU (Ubuntu for EeePC) it doesn't open at all
(blank page).

In MSIE for Win 7, it opens to show a page where a map should be, with
six red circles of various sizes that zooms in and out, but has no map
under them, and it shows the list of items under "Reports".

b)  With security turned down to "something less than 11":

Loosening up my settings to allow cookies including third-party cookies,
and selectively allow scripts specifically "c683652.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com"
and "www.openstreetmap.com" appears to get it to work.  But per Firefox
cookie report, I pick up three cookies along the way: crowdmap.com and
hackerspaces.crowdmap.com, which appear innocent enough, and
"tracker.ushahidi.com" which appears creepy ("tracker"?!).

c)  So what I'd suggest is, if you have two browsers installed, use one
of them on which you feel safe loosening up your security settings, and
then clear it and restore your normal settings when you exit.

-G.

=====