[sudo-discuss] Virtual currency question?

Rabbit rabbitface at gmail.com
Sun May 5 11:53:19 PDT 2013

Someone was proposing a currency denominated in joules which would
represent the ability to generate that much energy in the future.

https://medium.com/armchair-economics/183c2ad47b50

The exchange rate between Bitcoiny CPU cycles and joules would be pretty
straightforward to figure out.

But: would this be more prone to speculation and bubbles since it's based
on our estimation of what will happen in the future?  And what happens when
everyone tries to cash in their joules at the same time?