[sudo-discuss] Drone help needed this Sunday for TacoConf!

Max Ogden max at maxogden.com
Fri May 3 15:18:19 PDT 2013

Hey all -

This sunday is http://tacoconf.com which is a bike tour of tacos in
Oakland. I'm organizing the event and was hoping we could get the
TacoCopter to come do a demo but they are sadly unavailable.

I have a couple of Parrot AR Drones (http://nodecopter.com/) and was
wondering if anyone wants to put together a makeshift TacoCopter with me
tonight or tomorrow at Sudoroom. Here's what I need help with:

- from 11AM - 12PM people will be showing up for TacoConf at Snow Park in
downtown Oakland, since I need to go onwards with the conf I am hoping
someone can transport the drones to and from sudoroom at those times. They
are pretty small, but I can't carry em on my bike.
- I need someone to pilot the drone(s) and 'deliver' a taco at Snow Park! I
can instruct on how to do this
- Also I was planning to have a bicycle based taco vendor come by the park
and serve tacos but they had to cancel last minute. I'm looking for backups
but I can always just bring some tacos specifically for delivery to the
park ahead of time