[sudo-discuss] Power grid: the internet of electricity: was Re: Sudo room should be about creating

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Tue Mar 26 22:24:10 PDT 2013

side note:
did you know the history of telephone companies in the usa? i was reading
about it. (someone smart left a book for me to read) =D

 it's so fascinating. before the depression, it wasn't profitable for major
telecoms to go to rural communities, especially in the midwest.  they
disrespected the farmers and thought they were yokels...

so the midwest used to be pretty left wing too (and the source of a lot of
unrest with the farmers etc), so there was this big tradition of DIY
telephone and telegraphs. someone gave me this history to read, it was so
neat! it's weird that nobody talks about this history now. it's like it was
forgotten!

it's so weird how all these rabblerousers and farmers from the midwest are
totally buried. nobody learns about it in us history, especially kids in
Kansas.

it reminds me of the indie network you are constructing at 510