[sudo-discuss] Sudo room should be about creating

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Tue Mar 26 15:17:18 PDT 2013

Is it possible to create alternative energy distribution networks
(biofuels/solar/ wind etc) that replace mainstream petrol and natural gas
based energy without a large financial sector?

the vc system that funds these alternative energy start-ups piggy backs off
the investment banks, etc. and big private equity and institutional
investment funds. vcs are like a fly on the @ss of a financial hippo.

I haven't heard people discuss off-grid that much in the tech talks I've
been to( which are excellent). Is there a conversation here that would show
how off grid is a viable alternative, even if it's not a big money solution?