[sudo-discuss] goo poo

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Mon Mar 25 16:48:26 PDT 2013

What kind of sensors are y'all using?  I've been focusing on temp control these days.  If the pile stays below 250 you can use the cheap digital ones, but i'm assuming it'll be hot enough to require thermocouples.  I'm all down to help if it means getting less...errr...energy on my running shoes.

hol

Mar 25, 2013 03:55:33 PM, anca at techliminal.com wrote:
I wouldn't call them foie "gras".  Wild birds (even those fed by enthusiastic children, grandmas, and dumpsters) have to work for a living.
>BTW, if anyone is interested, a friend of mine is interested in composting all of the "Goo Poo" that dots the lawns starting in the spring.  She works for the city, and they are looking for a way to collect and monitor the temperature of the giant piles until it's nice and non-toxic.  We've toyed around with some sensors and the like.

>Anca.
>
>On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM,  hol at gaskill.com> wrote:

all the birds of the self food creation rainbow!  is the foie gras ban applicable to all of CA or just SF?

Mar 25, 2013 01:21:35 PM, anca at techliminal.com wrote:

Lake Merritt is filled with geese.

>Just sayin'
>
>Anca
>

>On Monday, March 25, 2013,   wrote:

now if there were some deer in the vicinity of sudo room...that's quality time, a blessing from the food gods.

also +1 on "not shit; energy!"

who run barter town

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Anthony Di Franco di.franco at gmail.com> wrote:

> But what do you give up to get money?

> On Mar 25, 2013 12:38 PM, "Naomi Most" pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm kind of into this trading-money-to-get-time idea someone came up
>

>> with a few thousand years ago.

>> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM,  hol at gaskill.com> wrote:
>

>> > i don't know about you but my kitchen is not always en route

>> > Mar 25, 2013 09:08:44 AM, romy at snowyla.com wrote:
>

>> > I like that statement made last week

>> > sudo-discuss at lists.sudoroom.org

>> --