[sudo-discuss] Spiritual analysis of last weeks Meeting

Tommy York tommy.york at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:54:03 PDT 2013

I think the reason that we're going through this challenging,
time-consuming, but (in my opinion) ultimately worthwhile process is that
even in a space with this kind of aspirational goal - of universal mutual
respect - we experienced conflict where the process to resolve that
conflict felt worse than anything like this discussion around the articles.
We were unclear on our process, it got kind of messy, and now we want to
create a process that can handle  similar kinds of conflict in the future.

I like Matt's calling the working group a "Constitutional Convention
Committee;" in my mind, it evokes a kind of living document that allows us
to best collaboratively govern the space. We're all committed to it, and
it's ultimately for the benefit of the space to go through the process of
amending the document or not.

- Tommy
Thomas Riley York (杨德民) 510.926.0510
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tommyyork