[sudo-discuss] Reminder: 3D Printer Workshop, Tomorrow, Saturday. (Free)

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:57:45 PDT 2013

You too can be like 7 other people who who have already pledged their
attendance.

Recall from the
calendar,<https://sudoroom.org/ai1ec_event/today-i-learned/?instance_id=52225>and
Wiki<https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Just_enought_Sketch-up_to_pretend_you_can_3d_model>
:
Glance

   - *WHEN* 2pm on Saturday the 16th of March.
   - *DURATION* 2 hours
   - *LOCATION* sudo room <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Getting_there>
   - *PRICE* $0
   - *NUTSHELL* Live Sketchup and print tutorial
   - *INSTRUCTOR* Max Klein aka notconfusing <http://notconfusing.com>

Plan

   - Understand the workflow (Idea>Design>STL>Slice>Print).
   - *IDEA* a miniature plate for canapes and appetizers that is ring and
   allows you to hold a drink in the same hand.
   - *DESIGN* we'll make a 3d digital representation in sketchup
   - *STL* gloss over this detail and leave it for another class
   - *SLICE* gloss over this detail and leave it for another class
   - *PRINT* marvel, and take home.

Learn

On the right you'll see some examples of what I've 3D printed at sudo room,
having learned all my skills at sudo room, from sudoers.

   - 3D Printing Theory
   - Sketchup
      - Navigation
      - Basic Shapes
      - Shape Manipulation
      - Advanced Shapes
         - Exporting
       - Slic3r slicing software (in a minor way)
   - Repetier Host Printer Software (in a minor way)
   - How to manually adjust the 3d printer in times of crisis.

Bring

   - Come with a laptop with sketchup <http://www.sketchup.com/> installed.
   There's a free version for Windows and Mac. If you don't have this
   installed, you cannot begin immediately.
   - Bring a mouse. Sketchup is much easier with a mouse, and all but
   impossible to learn with the track pad. Essential.

Attend

Add your name below if you know how, but you can also just show up on the
day.

   - IsThisThingOn
   - Tunabananas
   - Bleeblahblue
   - JustBrandon
   - Rick
   - Judi (who used the "edit" link, top of the page)
   - Hbergeronx<https://sudoroom.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Hbergeronx&action=edit&redlink=1>(
   talk<https://sudoroom.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=User_talk:Hbergeronx&action=edit&redlink=1>)
   17:07, 14 March 2013 (UTC) (matt)