[sudo-discuss] Multiple monitors setup

Sam Tepper sam.tepper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:32:15 PDT 2013

Hello Sudoers,

I've got a couple of questions for you savvy hackers on the list.  I'm
looking to setup some multiple monitors stations, both at my place and
eventually at sudo room for data analysis, stats, and AI projects.
 Firstly, can anybody recommend a Linux-based program that handles multiple
monitors well?

I've been using LXDE in Lubuntu, and am reluctant to use Unity/Ubuntu, but
I'd conceivably make a switch to a different display manager if I had to...

Secondly, does anybody have experience setting up >2 monitors for one
machine, without using more than 1 graphics card, in any OS/display
manager?

>From a preliminary search, it seems like there are a few hacks, but I'm
still not able to figure out how exactly to best proceed, and would
appreciate hearing from someone with more experience.

Thanks,
Sam