[sudo-discuss] REQUEST FOR COMMENT: proposed changes to the Articles of Association!

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:24:52 PDT 2013

>> On what draft should we make edits and/or comments? Or should these be
>> discussed on this list in this thread?

> Please don't edit that draft directly; rather discuss changes on the list or
> create a child article from the draft to make your changes on so it is clear
> whose changes are whose.

Further edits to the draft won't actually affect this process - the
wiki history remains intact - but we would not be able to officially
finalize them at the March 20th meeting, as they'd need their own
week-long online consent process.

Also, to clarify, a "child page" on the wiki really just means a page
with a slash in the name. For instance, when Anthony created this
current draft, he followed these rough steps:

1) Go to https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association and click
"edit", then copy the full text
2) Create a new wiki page titled "Articles of Association/Something"
and paste the text as the first edit
3) Make revisions to that page. Any of these revisions can be easily
compared to the first by clicking on "View history" and moving a radio
button. This is called a "diff".
4) Present a diff to the meeting and e-mail list
5) Assuming it passes the consent process, that revision becomes
"official" and we can copy its text into the original page at:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association
6) The changes are official and everybody is happy!

Anyone can do this! In fact, it would be great if we all got familiar
with doing it. :)