[sudo-discuss] Skymall Workshop / Skillshare: Basic Concrete Slab *Sat March 16*, 10am onward

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:45:16 PST 2013

Hey all!

My friend Bobby will be putting on the below workshop. He is an amazing
builder and metalworker who I've been sneakily trying to suck into the
vortex that is Sudo Room. If anyone is interested in going to this workshop
that he is putting on, will you envangelize him please? This event is sure
to be fun--he has a fascinating mind and brews awesome beer. If you're into
beer, make sure to ask him to show you the huge vats he welded, as well as
the taps he has set up.

From: Robert Tomkiewicz <tomkiewicz.b at gmail.com>
Subject: Skymall Workshop / Skillshare: Basic Concrete Slab *Sat March 16*,
10am onward

Hi all,

I am in the process of modernizing the laundry facilites at the old
homestead and the first step is pouring a little slab outdoors to hold the
washer and dryer off the ground and function as a foundation for the shed
which will hold them.

Together, we'll (re)discover the basics of pouring a concrete slab.  We'll
be mixing by hand in wheelbarrows, which is just fine for a slab of this
scale, unless I get a line on a mixer before the end of the week.

I will have the forms built and (probably) the rebar laid before Saturday,
but they'll be there for you to take a look at so you can see how they're
constructed before we begin.

Beer and snackage provided.  Space is limited to the amount of people that
will actually be useful, which in fact is quite a few.  Still, if you could
RSVP with any specific dietary preferences that would be super sweet.  If
we're super fast we might even get to do some plumbing.  Got to get that
natural gas hookup to the dryer, and hot water pipe in place for the
washing machine.

Bobby