[sudo-discuss] roof access / wires

Steve Berl steveberl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:04:02 PDT 2013

Also need to consider grounding/lightning protection for anything on the
rooftop.

Best bet would be to use any existing AC power that is already up there,
and save this drop for low voltage, data, RF, etc. Ground everything to the
AC power system ground that is hopefully already up there.

I assume the old (steam?) pipe is metal? It would be good to figure out if
there is electrical continuity from end to end of the pipe. If it is, then
grounding one end to the building power ground should be sufficient. If the
conduit is not electrically continuous from end to end, it might be best to
make sure both ends are grounded, or find out where the gap is and bridge
across it with some kind of jumper.

-steve

--
-steve