[sudo-discuss] Sudo-Mesh Social Club

Eddan Katz eddan at clear.net
Thu Jun 27 10:33:38 PDT 2013

As my task from this past week for the Mesh group has been to do some more research on tax structure advantages and disadvantages - I wanted to share my excitement about 501(c)(7) with everyone. Social Clubs!
Check it out -- http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Other-Non-Profits/Social-Clubs.

Examples of 501(c)(7) ----
College social/academic fraternities and sororities
Country clubs
Amateur hunting, fishing, tennis, swimming and other sport clubs
Dinner clubs that provide a meeting place library, and dining room for members
Variety clubs
Hobby clubs
Homeowners or community associations whose primary function is to own and maintain recreational areas and facilities