[sudo-discuss] post-Bike Smut follow-up

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:41:51 PDT 2013

Rabbit,

Thanks for the reply. I think there's a lot of value in what you have to
say here.

Only a couple points I want to respond to:
* Sorry I wasn't clearer, I am not part of Bike Smut, beyond being a
personal friend and a supporter of their mission.
* Your summary of my message was overstated in a few places -- in
particular, I most definitely did not mean to suggest that YOU are unkind,
only that your message was. I don't know the first thing about you, but I
do start from the assumption that you are a kind person and aiming to do
good. Also, I have of course no desire to silence you. You obviously have
worthwhile things to say. I just found it troubling to have those things
boiled down to a matter-of-fact and inflammatory "this supports rape
culture."
* I agree that some more discussion at the end could have been worthwhile;
and I think it's pretty common at Bike Smut's events.

-Pete