[sudo-discuss] state of the room

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:35:39 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Hol Gaskill <hol at gaskill.com> wrote:
> looks good in here - thanks to whoever spent some time on it recently...are people still talking about cubbies or was that shot down conclusively or is it just lacking the initiative to procure?  Any objections to putting that unassembled rack shelving up to the right of the milliscope?  I see a pretty wicked arcade box coming together too...good to be back.

Hol, will you be around later today? I have a lot of ideas for use of
the space and would like to collaborate with you on it. I haven't been
around the past couple weeks because of transportation issues (lost my
car) but will try my best to make it there today.

In particular, Romy and I bought that 5-shelf heavy duty set for the
closet. It is meant to be the first of several such units (this one
being only a test). My vision is that after we assemble a few of those
in the far corner of the closet (to the left of the radio room) all
the crap can go on those, and then in the newly cleared space we can
stack those grey metal boxes as lockers - the ones I originally wanted
to bolt to the wall. All we need to do is replace the locks on those!
They are big but I figure people can share them for a flat rate per
box.

I'm less enthusiastic about having shelving out in the common area. I
think we should try to better use the vertical space in the closet and
let the common area be nice, clean working and meeting spaces.