[sudo-discuss] ATTENTION -- MUST READ

William Budington bill at inputoutput.io
Wed Jun 19 12:36:39 PDT 2013

+1.  Also, it might be good for it to be another raspi rather than a
laptop, to lower the amount of expensive equipment at the point of
entry.  Also, a laptop (even if it is crappy) simply *looks* more
expensive than a raspi (especially when there is no case for it) so that
might be an additional enticement for a possible thief.

Again, my software recommendation is ZoneMinder, which operates in
various modes and can take snapshots or do motion detection on a subset
of the image.  It's a pretty versatile tool.  If the camera is
recognized as a UVC device, we'll want to use this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mjpg-streamer/

Using mjpg-streamer we can stream the image to a zoneminder server
(perhaps living on space.sudo) and configure it however we like.

Bill