[sudo-discuss] Crypto Party (Sunday)

Rabbit rabbitface at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:18:30 PDT 2013

Yeah let's make a wiki page with recommended crypto apps/tools.

Also just pointing out that knowing what app to use is only half of the
problem.  Most of these seem easy to use but you have to use them in just
the right way.

Examples:
-- With encrypted email, the subject line is NOT encrypted
-- Tor hides your location but makes it much easier for people to be a
man-in-the-middle on your traffic
-- Adium supports OTR encryption but also, by default, logs your messages
to disk in plaintext
-- If you're an Interesting Person, consider that you might already have a
keylogger on your machine which would render all of these tools useless