[sudo-discuss] Crypto Party (Sunday)

Rabbit rabbitface at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:05:51 PDT 2013

Here's a summary of the tools I heard being talked about.  Please correct /
update this list.
(I didn't hear any iOS tools being discussed; everything was Android only)

Web anonymity: Tor Browser Bundle, or Orbot on Android

Phone calls: RedPhone from Open Whisper Systems

SMS: TextSecure

Email: Thunderbird with Enigmail plugin.  On Macs, GPGTools as the
underlying library; install this first?

Chat: OTR, supported by many client apps:
    http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/software.php
    Deskptop: Adium, Pidgin (which has lots of security problems
apparently?)
    Android: GibberBot, Xabber
    In-browser: I didn't hear any talk about Crypto.cat and would love to
know what the consensus is on it

Encrypting files/folders: Truecrypt

Full disk encryption: ??? (I missed this part)

And here's a CryptoParty handbook that came from the old
cryptoparty.orgwebsite which has gone down recently for some reason
http://weise7.org/tmp/cryptobook-v1.1.pdf