[sudo-discuss] Give us $$ for decent shelving

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 13:20:18 PDT 2013

Sudoroom is a mess and one solution is more efficient use of vertical
space in our closet.

After some research I've concluded the ideal fit for Sudoroom's
walk-in closet area are the 5-shelf 36x18x72 heavy duty units which
are $67 at Home Depot. I believe these can be stacked (hacked) to
turn, for example, three of them into two 36x18x108 towers. 36 inches
is just the right width to reach from the wall to the edges of the
doors. A hypothetical array of 8 towers would still leave a clear path
to the radio room. I'm not saying we need that many (yet) but I'd like
to try a few.

This is a humble request for your cash. I will put $50 towards this,
and Romy has pledged $50. If we can raise a matching $100, we can buy
three of them! In fact, if we can raise it today, Romy's offered her
car to get them today. Three units would be enough to A) significantly
improve our storage/mess situation and B) test my stackability
hypothesis.

We'll be here all afternoon, accepting cash :)