[sudo-discuss] Outreach Media

Ryan cyclosapien at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 08:03:44 PDT 2013

Hey all, Curly here.

I remember there being a brief discussion around outreach scripts and
things some weeks back, but dunno where it went. I want to re-open the
topic.

With logo work coming to a close (see presentation today, and vote!) I am
ready to start working on an outreach piece again. Specifically, I want to
compose something that speaks to the big vision for the group, and
hopefully even think of how to storyboard that in print or film media. I
don't think we can ever talk about our mission too much, since it's such an
exquisite thing.

I got inspired by this short film <http://vimeo.com/66839079> about a
Detroit hackerspace. It's not a crowdfunding thing, but it could be. Most
importantly, it brushes the dust off our image of Detroit's greatness, and
reconnects its precarious future to its mighty emergence as a city of
makers.

I think we can do this as well for Oakland, especially with a good camera...