[sudo-discuss] Straw Polls

Eddan Katz eddan at eddan.com
Thu Jan 24 17:07:25 PST 2013

I agree in this particular case and in fact admit to unintentionally participating in stifling a straw poll because my comment was understood as an objection. I was merely trying to introduce a note of caution into asking who would be willing to pay for something and how much, given how some people could really be turned off by that kind of peer pressure, however well-meaning.

I do however hesitate to be absolute about it, or unconditional. Bad faith consensus blocking has been discussed at Sudo Room many times, and I would hope that the process we go with could not be exploited as such.

sent from eddan.com