[sudo-discuss] Freedom of Information requests

Deborah Acosta dacosta at idotconnect.net
Fri Jan 25 12:44:12 PST 2013

Eddan:  Here, let me help to make it easier.  I've attached a City RFP
issued in 2006, the final report issued by the consultant and the final
staff report that resulted from four years of work on the city wide wi-fi
project.  The stories I could tell you.  Ultimately, the report found that
the City's fiber infrastructure was inadequate to implement such a project -
and the City Council didn't "get it" anyway.

The next story is about the public/private partnership (City, IP Network and
Cisco) that applied for a federal ARRA grant in 2010 to build a $35 million
fiber optic network throughout the City.  Didn't get the grant.  Then my
subsequent efforts to pick up the pieces (see attached Executive Summary and
powerpoint completed 2 weeks before I left in June 2011).  No one has picked
up this project since I left.

See Mark - you just have to ask the right person!!!  Call me if you have
questions.

Work wasn't wasted - San Leandro has hired me to become its first Chief
Innovation Officer to represent Lit San Leandro and create a tech business
development strategy in that City.

Debbie

Deborah V. Acosta

Principal, iDOTconnect

Co-Chair, 2.Oakland

Tel: (510) 508-7926

Email:  <mailto:dacosta at iDOTconnect.net> dacosta at iDOTconnect.net

Web:  <http://www.idotconnect.net/> www.iDOTconnect.net

Web:  <http://www.twopointoakland.com> www.twopointoakland.com

Facebook:  <https://www.facebook.com/TwoPointOak>
https://www.facebook.com/TwoPointOak