[sudo-discuss] Booking the Common Space

William Budington bill at inputoutput.io
Mon Apr 29 15:16:09 PDT 2013

Hey all,

In the interests of sharing the common space with The Public School
folks and not double-booking events, and in the absence of a web-based
solution, the Public School has posted a physical calendar in the common
room.  If an event is expected to be large enough that it needs to
reserve the common room and can not meet in sudoroom proper (I'm
thinking Oakland Nights Live, for instance), please pen in your event
for that day as well as the time it's starting/ending, so that other
groups that use the common space know that the space is reserved.

If your event is only going to take up half the common room, but is
still too large for sudoroom, please write it in anyway and make a note
(e.g. "1/2 common room needed") and then if the Public School has a
similar situation we can work it out on a case-by-case basis.  I predict
this to be an edge-case though.

Sudodarity forever!
Bill