[sudo-discuss] Bike Smut update!

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Fri Apr 26 17:45:36 PDT 2013

"1) MONEY/TICKETS
Due in part to the popularity of the show, and to keep the show going, Bike
Smut has historically been a paid-entry event. They would like to offer to
split door sales with Sudo Room 50/50--yay money!! (And just a note on
this: I don't know if this is a no-brainer, but this would not effect your
ability to access Sudo Room. Please be fair though if you do plan to "sneak
in" and donate a little mulah if you are able to.) "

This really wasn't discussed before. this would be the first time Sudo Room
would be hosting an event with a cover. I don't think it's
really appropriate for Sudo Room to host an event that people have to pay
to attend. I would suggest making this a suggested donation not a mandatory
cover.

thoughts?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Vicky Knox <vknoxsironi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone! Thank you so much for agreeing to host Bike Smut!! Below are
> the details that Bike Smut co-organizer Reverend Phil and I are working on.
> Your help and input is much appreciated, so please speak up! With your
> help, this event will be that much more spectacular!
>
> 1) MONEY/TICKETS
> Due in part to the popularity of the show, and to keep the show going,
> Bike Smut has historically been a paid-entry event. They would like to
> offer to split door sales with Sudo Room 50/50--yay money!! (And just a
> note on this: I don't know if this is a no-brainer, but this would not
> effect your ability to access Sudo Room. Please be fair though if you do
> plan to "sneak in" and donate a little mulah if you are able to.)
>
> 2) AUDIO
> Does anyone here on the list have access to a good audio system for movie
> screenings? This will be an ongoing question as we host Fabulous Friday
> Films. I have a carshare and can offer to pick up, babysit and drop off
> your sound system.
>
> 3) SEATING
> Hooray for all our couches, chairs and pews! We will need help with
> arrangement and expanding our seating options.
>
> 4) LIGHTING
> The show includes live performances, and said performances will need good
> lighting. Overhead lighting is not flattering, and a few lamps might be all
> we need. Let's try setting this up in advance.
>
> 5) PROMOTION
> It's a strange beast but absolutely critical to the show. This is the last
> screening of their current tour, "Turning Trixxx" in The Bay and possibly
> ever. Let's make sure people feel luck they got a seat at all! Please make
> a call out to your networks far and wide!
> Sudo Room promotion: Bike Smut people will be giving us a shout-out. If
> you have any other suggestions for promoting our space, please speak up!
>
> 6) MERCH/DRINKS/SUNDRIES
> We will need to claim one of the common room tables (5 sq feet or more) to
> sell underwear, stickers, and such.
> Beverages: Let's talk off-list at the next meeting (May 1st) regarding
> availability/donations/etc.
> Food: Pretzels! Popcorn! If there is something snacky you like making,
> consider bringing it for donations/sale!
>
> And finally,
> "I'm glad we have got some mustached men on working the door. Ushers who
> can make the guests comfortable are very welcome." --Reverend Phil

-------
Andrew Lowe
Cell: 831-332-2507
http://roshambomedia.com