[sudo-discuss] "I will make them disabled"

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Tue Apr 23 17:22:18 PDT 2013

what's the square footage of our current room?  seems like about 15x50? also access to the common space and kitchenette has been very beneficial.  i have always thought of the next expansion occurring at a different address but we have to weigh everything carefully, including sunk costs like putting together an access system and setting up physical infrastructure in the space itself.  Is there anyone that thinks signing up for $4,000/mo space would be an option given our current financial situation?  anyways, there are definitely cheaper options out there but no option is perfect.

Apr 23, 2013 05:01:50 PM, tunabananas at gmail.com wrote:
This looks like an amazing opportunity. Nice catch, Ray!

>I just sent them an email on behalf of sudo room, asking if we could set up a time to tour the space, meet the landlord, and discuss compatibility.
>

>We're currently paying $2/sqft, so this could be ideal. Marc has also been looking into potential spaces that are zoned for bio research.
>
>Jenny

http://jennyryan.net

http://thepyre.org

http://thevirtualcampfire.org

http://technomadic.tumblr.com

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

>On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com> wrote:

WANT! Ray, can you email them?

>On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Ray Lai raymond.wm.lai at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>Disable our leaving the space, George!
>http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/off/3734928687.html

>Franklin at 19th!
>$1500 for 1100 square feet. Also in the classy building is a whole floor 4200 square feet at .95/sq ft. Perhaps we can inquire about part of the larger floor or arrange to share it with Sudoers who need office space (RoShamBo, Atomic, et al).
>

>Sudo room is its esteemed, talented, brilliant and diverse members; not the space we chose to rent.
>
>Land lords are reptiles.

>Hack the marketplace!
>Raymond LaiIce Cream ManAtomic Ice CreamFacebook.com/MotoAtomico

>On Apr 23, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com> wrote:

It's very difficult to have a landlord with no clear boundaries. I get the feeling we are not the kind of tenants he wants to be working with, or is capable of working with. I have my own share of George stories.

>If we want to stay in the space, I would suggest that we be proactive in getting him  to modify the lease so that we can all be on the same page with expectations. I think it's also fair to say that we've pushed pretty hard on him as well with what his expectation may have been for us, for example having large events in the common area is no in the lease as far as I know, but he has allowed it to happen, but because we don't have an actual agreement hes coming back with arbitrary enforcement of arbitrary rules.

>so we either:
>1. move
>or
>2. make sure that our expectations from and for the landlord are in writing

>or
>3. Continue to take his arbitrary rants at random members of sudo room, and just placate (or ignore) him as much as possible (what we are already doing).

>--Andrew
>

>On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Gregg Horton greggahorton at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>Then how is SR going to make a safe non-abusive space with this guy as landlord?

>On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:16 AM, Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com> wrote:
>

> - Could we have a rule of SudoRoom members not interacting with him?

Who is this rule for? Do you appreciate the actual problem? He

literally has a habit of going up to people using the bathroom and

yelling at them through the door.

I don't want SR to move either.

sudo-discuss at lists.sudoroom.org

sudo-discuss at lists.sudoroom.org