[sudo-discuss] Biohacking & Art -- <3

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sun Apr 14 10:51:44 PDT 2013

Hi, I hung out with the CIA last night. No, *not *that CIA, but
the*Conceptual Information Arts Department at SFSU (CIA)
*

http://userwww.sfsu.edu/infoarts/

I saw that they have a course in Art & Biology. This is so interesting.
Have any of the sudoshroomers done any art & biology projects? The
possibilities are endless!!!! <3

A lot of people are in the Experimental Sound meetup that meets at the end
of the month. I hung out ato ne of their parties last night . Would be cool
to get some biohacking art going on in the SudoRoom!

*Art & Biology*
Whether the cycles of life act as an inspiration or are actually
incorporated into your art-making process, the study of biology can be a
hotbed of novel visions.  In this course we will attempt to reinvent the
concepts and practices of biology in an artistic context.  Possibilities
may include: playing with microbes and microscopes, studying embryonic
development, visiting laboratories and discussing recent advances in
molecular biology.  Living art projects will be encouraged.