[sudo-discuss] Michael Orange - film events - Battle for Brooklyn - any sudo members interested in an intro?

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:42:46 PDT 2013

hi george,

i'm very sorry that you feel that you did not consent to having this
information public. this list has been publicly archived since it began and
i think that we've tried to make that clear (although it seems that we may
need to be doing a better job!).

unfortunately i'm not sure to what extent the "welcome to sudo-discuss
list" email that new list members receive includes information about
content being publicly archived (could someone help with this?), but
perhaps we may need to make this more explicit in that letter.

for additional background on why we made the decision to publicly archive
contents, the idea is not necessarily to promote "transparency and
openness" as a matter of principle only, but because part of what we wanted
to do with sudo room is to make our history as easy for others to use as
possible so that others who are starting and running hackerspaces can learn
from our experience and discussion. in other words, to facilitate
ctrl-c/ctrl-v of hackerspaces around the world.

- marina