[sudo-discuss] Fwd: SOD Blitz 2013 Survey Project Announcement

Daniel Finlay namelessdan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 21:12:00 PDT 2013

For those of you interested in conserving our local wildlife,

Our local oak trees are at risk by a strange, rapidly-spreading organism you may have heard of, being called Sudden Oak Death (SOD).  While there is no cure, there are measures that can curb its spread.

However, to make sure those measures are implemented efficiently, it is important to do an annual survey of the current spread of this tree disease.  This involves people like you attending a training to collect suspicious bay leaves, and take notes so that they can be sent to the lab for diagnosis and geo-tagging.

Information on attending such a training is attached.

-Dan Finlay

Begin forwarded message: