[sudo-discuss] Instant 24/7 access? Do we allow for this? And how?

Julio Rios julio.rios at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 15:59:38 PDT 2013

The definition, as defined by the articles, was, and maybe still is,
sufficiently vague to allow many of us to become "members" without having
to jump through many hurdles.  This was probably intentional.  However, if
we are discussing more tangible benefits, and responsibilities, in
accordance to the core values, this thread has brought up a number of
issues which may mean it is time to define what membership is more
concretely.  I can help on a proposal for amendment, but would appreciate
if someone else takes the lead.

Is anyone fundamentally opposed to making membership more of a "process",
potentially requiring consensus from existing members?
I would NOT want to limit existing access to non-members, but rather,
codifying how to become a member, how to sustain membership, and what
explicit responsibilities/benefits are associated with membership as
opposed to non-membership.