[sudo-discuss] Survey on Money at the space(please reply to this)

rusty lindgren rustylindgren at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 20:52:03 PDT 2013

Hey Everyone,

I am writing because it was discussed at the meeting tonight that we don't
really have an idea of how much people want to pay for the space ,and also
if people think the current payment approach is good based on some
alternatives that were brought up.  I'd also like to ask about basic
productizing to see if people would be interested in using some of our
funds to get t-shirts and stickers, and maybe even decorated key-cards like
hacker conferences do for hotel rooms.

So, can everyone answer these questions(below)?  I know it's not perfect
research, but I think it covers most of what came up in the meeting.

Questions:

   1. How much would you pay for current membership, with access as
   planned?
   2. How much would you pay for current membership with 24/7 access to the
   space(i.e. new door cards on next payment)?
   3. Would you be okay with spending some money on re-branding of the
   space(even if it doesn't mean changing our logo), by getting more t-shirts
   and stickers?
   4. Do you think it would it be more attractive to you to have a lower
   fixed price if you were joining the space, and you got 24/7 access at that
   moment with a keycard?
   5. Would it be more attractive to you if you were joining the space, and
   you got a free t-shirt and cool looking keycard upon joining or giving some
   sort of donation "gift" like kickstarter projects give?

This is only an attempt to get at some of what we talked about, and I'm
hoping that it will kind of shine some light on the amount of money people
want to pay et all.

Please help out!

--
Cheers,