[sudo-announce] Tonight at Sudo Room: Learn JS, Wireless Mesh Hack Night, Oakland Wiki Meetup & the usual hacking

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:57:32 PST 2013

Tonight at 7pm is also a meetup organized by the Public School to discuss
strategies and possibilities for creating a 'collective of collectives' and
potentially moving into a larger shared space together. See Emji's callout
below:

--
Hi there,

Timeless, Infinite Light, Sudo Room, and Counter Culture Labs have been
invited to the next *Bay Area Public School general meeting at 7pm at 2141
broadway this Thursday November 21st* to talk about forming a collective of
collectives and how we could collectivize our resources to buy/lease a
larger shared space. I think I just said collective too many times in one
sentence. Oh well! We're going to go & we hope you can come too!

If you could come by for even just a bit it would be really great, because
it would be good for folks from all the groups to feel more interconnected
and foster communication between the different collectives- just showing up
would be great.

*As this is an open meeting of collectives, this would be a great time to
invite other groups who might be interested in sharing space with us and
who have similar vision and principles.*

*Currently, the groups involved are:*

Timeless, Infinite Light & Manifest
Public School
SUDO Room
Counter Culture Labs (CCL)
Contemporary Art Museum of Oakland (CAMO)

*& Some of the groups that we had talked about reaching out to are: *

SPT
SPD
Salta / PPP
Book Zoo
Homestead Apothecary
Spokeland (needs a new space, 501c3)
Alchemy Collective
ZIJI (open source buddhists looking for a space mystic archives, meditation
room)
Just Cause
Phat Beets (needs a cafe)
MOCO
Black Hole Cinema

*& We also talked about possibly wanting to invite*

a radical kitchen group,
a radio station (KEXP? KPFA? Rev Cafe's pirate radio station?)
a co-working space

So if you know anyone who's involved in any of these groups, or any groups
you want to share space with, please fill them in on the vision we've been
discussing and invite them to the Public School meeting!

∞
Emji Spero
*Timeless, Infinite Light*

Jenny