[sudo-announce] Microcontroller Hacking begins in 48 hours!

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Sun Mar 24 17:43:10 PDT 2013

Howdy folks,

We are two days away from the beginning of the second microcontroller project hacking night at sudo room.  As someone suggested, I created a facebookpage for the event.  Please invite people you think might be interested!  I previously ordered 10 ATMega328p chips and crystals, and will have them available at cost ($5) for those just starting out who want a basic controller.

Event Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/502675869769339/

Also, there is an etherpad to jot down projects you intend to work on in case anyone out there is interested in collaborating:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/microbotics
This will be an ongoing document, and is intended to provide a subsystem-level view of project elements in order to encourage people to join together to work on individual elements or principles where interests overlap in a way that permits a limited scope of collaboration, without having to commit to recurring work on an entire project.

We had some interesting projects last time and I expect even more this time, hopefully with a few people from the last event returning to show what they've done with their projects since then.  Personally I will try to go back and forth between  50% working on 2-3 projects, 30% getting newbies started on their controller builds, and 20% snacking/shooting the shit.  Looking forward to seeing y'all!

Cheers,
Hol