[Mesh] Meraki board watchdog

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 21 11:04:00 PST 2013

Hm, I'm reading the AR2317 datasheet and this is .. not what I expected.

The later chips have a way fo saying "watchdog triggers NMI",
"watchdog triggers interrupt", "watchdog triggers reset", etc. This
doesn't seem to be covered in this datasheet.

I'd suggest putting something in the platform startup code that does this:

* change bit 2 in RST_WDOG_CTL to 0 so it doesn't signal an AHB error
upon the watchdog triggering
* look at where in the platform code it sets up RST_MIMR (the misc
interrupt mask) and see where the watchdog interrupt is going. It may
end up being mapped to something that causes a CPU reset. Maybe you
need to mask it explicitly? I'm not sure.

I'll keep digging. It'll be easier once I receive the units from Marc/Dana. :-)

-a