[Mesh] Silicon Valley isn't a meritocracy

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Mon Dec 9 00:49:31 PST 2013

Hi!

http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/11/silicon-valley-isnt-a-meritocracy-and-the-cult-of-the-entrepreneur-holds-people-back/

"Let’s say that most people can have access to computers sometimes but
only some people can have access to computers all the time, and then an
even smaller group can have access to the net while they’re just out
wandering around doing Twitter, right? They’re like, I have my phone and
I can say things while I’m walking around where somebody else has to
actually go home, to their one computer that they own. So the more that
you want to participate in this network of wealth and
entrepreneurialism, the more stuff you have to have to participate in
it. So there [are] these levels of participation that are enabled by
either being wealthier or having the free time to participate."

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m